Friday, May 28, 2010

Football World Cup 2010: France, England or Brazil to win World Cup?

There was an interesting discussion a few days back at BlogCatalog in which I wrote that France, England or possibly Brazil could win the World Cup. Click here to read it


Here was what I wrote when asked if Argentina winning the Cup is a sure thing:-


  1. No, it is not a sure thing. In fact it is very hard to predict the winner of the World Cup. The last winner of the World Cup which I believe was Italy, was actually a dark horse.

    France has a very good potential to win the World Cup but they didn' t do that well in qualifying. England without Beckham really playing could have problems winning it and Brazil as most of us know these days always seem to have a strong team.

  2. If Beckham plays, England may have a better chance of winning it but don't count out the French.

  3. I think Beckham is underestimated these days by many people as he is gettting old and doesn't score many goals. End of last year, I was trying to convince my brother that Beckham was still a force to reckon with, and few days later in the newspaper I read that Beckham was playing well for his team. As he plays in the midfield, Beckham is not a prolific goalscorer and that is why he is not in the news as much as Rooney and Messi. He has very good control of the ball and experience. I think these are the reasons why Fabio Capello wanted to put him in the team even when he was injured. England could still win it without Beckham but I think they have a better chance with him in it.

    Yes, France has a good potential to win the World Cup this year - it is strange that they did not do well in qualifying. They have the players and I think it is a matter of fine tuning the team to do it.

    It would be fun to see one of the underdog teams do well in the World Cup. I used to support Jamaica once but they didn't do well that year - the French won it.

No comments:

Post a Comment