Saturday, January 21, 2012

American Idol 11

The second episode featured auditions in Pittsburgh.

Heejun Han was so nervous and reminded me of a jellyfish when he shook his hands. It looked as though it was going to be one of those funny and disastrous auditions. Surprisingly his singing was very good. Probably one of the best Asian American singers I have heard. I am using the word Asian Americans from now on as the word "Orientals" can be derogatory in some countries. Strangely enough Jasmine Trias at third placing is still the best performer among Asian Americans and I think it it will still be tough for Heejun to improve on that. Heejun is originally from Korea and I got to admit I have seen some really good singers from there. Recently the Korean series "Dream High" showcased some of the best singing and dancing talents from Korea. Anyway this is a funny and good audition - you can catch it here

I was most impressed with the singing of Creighton Fraker. Once again the second song was better than the first one. Here is the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment