Thursday, December 18, 2014

RM 12.90 Digital Multimeter from Mr DIY

I bought a digital multimeter from Mr DIY which is  in   Tesco Ipoh building  a few weeks ago . It is probably the cheapest one I have ever bought.

I remembered it wasn't long ago when the analog ones cost around RM50.

I bought a handheld digital one a few years back but that one did not last long. I have got a feeling that this one would last longer even though it has only a few days warranty.

 So far I have bought quite a  few things from Mr DIY. The other day someone was asking me at Mr DIY what is good there and I pointed at the multimeter. He sort of looked at me blankly and asked
" What is that ?"

Well, what he was looking for was a remote control for his DVD/VCD player. He wasn't very familiar with the English language as we were actually speaking in Cantonese. So I showed him some of the remotes  which seem to cost around the range of RM 6 to RM10. He wasn't convinced as he thought it could destroy his set.

Anyway I am quite satisfied with the multimeter  I bought  - except for one time when it took some time for the 20V range measurement to work. But it seems to work fine now - just tested it with a 1.5V battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment