Sunday, May 19, 2013

What's Buzzing? - Learning Styles

There are three main types of learning styles: auditory, visual, and kinesthetic. After my 'A' levels I used quite a lot of visual learning skills and was quite successful in my studies. Lately I have started to realise that I could be also a kinesthetic learner. Kinesthetic learners usually need  to take a lot of breaks and are very physically active people. Usually people who do sports are kinesthetic learners.  So I have been doing more physical activities,taking more breaks - and this seems to have reduced my stress levels.

 Most people use a combination of the three learning styles but they usually have a clear preference for one. In my case, I was frequently using visual learning skill but more or less neglected the other ways of learning. It was effective to a certain extent but it led to more stress in my life. So it is good to develop all three styles of learning.

References:- (i)  http://www.learningrx.com/types-of-learning-styles-faq.htm
                     (ii)  http://www.thestudygurus.com/learning-styles/

No comments:

Post a Comment