Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Getting rid of Calcium Deficiency

I had a dream of bad teeth a few weeks ago so for the last few weeks I had been taking a diet that is richer in calcium. It seems to have helped out as I seem to have have less sore knees   and toothache than before.

Horlicks is one of the drinks that is rich in calcium but it tends to be very filling so it is best to be taken a few hours before you go for any heavy exercise routine.  I have been taking some cereals as well in the morning. Koko Crunch is quite expensive but nice to eat.


Here is how I make my Horlicks drink- (update- decided to just follow the recipe on the packet as the old recipe I used seems a bit too sweet . No need of the sweetened creamer.) 

3 teaspoon of Horlicks
2 teaspoon of Fernleaf Instant Milk powder
170 ml of cold water

update: - If you find that Horlicks could be the cause of indigestion, it is best to stop taking it until you feel that your stomach is strong enough to do so. Otherwise just stick to a couple of glasses of milk and some cereal. Some ice creams can also be rich in calcium but ice cream  can be very fattening.

No comments:

Post a Comment