Saturday, August 9, 2014

Running Program

I have managed to run the mile in 6 minutes and 29 seconds twice for the last couple of weeks,  so once every 3 days, I have been running it under 7 minutes. My next major target would be to run the mile under 6 minutes.

I run about 21 minutes on the first day. First five minutes is  usually relaxing and then after that I   run 400m repeats for the rest of the time.

On the second day I usually run 2 miles (3.2 km) - the first 1 km at a relaxing pace and the rest at a fairly medium pace.

On the third day, I am now starting to run a relaxing 1 mile and a fast  1 mile.   ( At first, I ran  a relaxing 1 mile then 800m fast,  200m medium pace and the rest of the 600m  fast.). I take a break of around 2 minutes before starting the fast mile.

I usually repeat this program every 3 days. So far not too bad, but running the mile under 6 minutes does seem difficult at this stage.

Am still doing some running on the spot and weights during the day in 2 minute sessions. I do about 120 half press-ups too but I have been gradually building that one up - I started doing about 30 at first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment